5. Be healed of a wounded heart. A wounded heart is a heart that is hurt or suffering from an injury. Events that have occurred have broken the hearts of these ones.
For I am poor and needy, and MY HEART IS WOUNDED WITHIN ME.”“saith the Lord GOD, seeing thou doest all these things, the work of an imperious whorish woman; in that thou buildest thine eminent place in the head of every way, and makest thine high place in every street; and hast not been as an harlot, in that thou scornest hire;
7. Be healed of a gross heart. A gross heart is a heart that unrefined and lacking sensitivity or discernment.
FOR THIS PEOPLE'S HEART IS WAXED GROSS, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
8. Be healed of a lustful heart. A lustful heart is a heart that full of or motivated by lust and greed. It is a lecherous and libidinous heart constantly preoccupied with sexual thoughts and desire.
So I GAVE THEM UP UNTO THEIR OWN HEARTS' LUST: and they walked in their own counsels.
9. Be healed of an adulterous heart. An adulterous heart is an unfaithful heart.
FOR OUT OF THE HEART PROCEED evil thoughts, murders, ADULTERIES, fornications, thefts, false witness, blasphemies:
10. Be healed of a heart that is blind to God. This heart is unable and unwilling to see, perceive and understand the things of God.
Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, BECAUSE OF THE BLINDNESS OF THEIR HEART:
11. Be healed of a heart that is overwhelmed. An overwhelmed heart is a heart that is overcome completely with emotions and circumstances.
From the end of the earth will I cry unto thee, WHEN MY HEART IS OVERWHELMED: LEAD ME TO THE ROCK THAT IS HIGHER THAN I.
12. Be healed of a whorish heart. A whorish heart is a discontented, roaming heart that seeks pleasure from the world.
And they that escape of you shall remember me among the nations whither they shall be carried captives, because I AM BROKEN WITH THEIR WHORISH HEART, which hath departed from me, and with their eyes, which go a whoring after their idols: and they shall lothe themselves for the evils which they have committed in all their abominations.
Excerpt from one of the best books on shepherding, "The art of shepherding" by Dag Heward-Mills
- << Prev